inTank Media Baskets

Possible hybrid angel?

reef hugger

I picked this fish up from the LFS yesterday, and was sold to me as an Eibli angel. I think that this is a cross between C. eibli (Eibli angel) and C. vrokili (Half black angel). It has the vertical lines(partially) of an Eibli and the black dorsal and anal fins of the half black angel. Has anyone seen one of these hybrids before? BTW it is not going in a nano, it is going in a 55gal.

543angel_hybrid.jpg

oh definatily not an eibili(or however its spelled)

it does have some of the stipes and the black tail of one though, im guessing cross with a coral beauty, from the yellow fins, red eye and blueness.

very cool fish though!

Unfortunately, it is not one of those. Mine doesn't have the blue on the head. I wish it was, then it would have been a steal at only $20.

IM gonna stay with coral beauty and eibli

half black, lemon and potters have no blue in them and the multicolor doesnt seem to have enough blue

I will have to post a better pic of the fish swimming around the tank. If that is even possible. That pic doesn't show the true colors.

• 4 months later...

sorry, i realize this thread is old, but i had a comment.

how big was this fish when you got it? some of the dwarf angels look just slightly different when they are juv. compared to adult. (nothing like large angels though, just slight changes in color.)

I say that, just because it looks like a juv. ebil angel to me, that just hasn't got its full coloration yet.

additionaly there could be a small color diff. to if maybe it was caught in fiji or something vs. hawaii. (I don't know if that is where the come from, but just for example)

I think there would be a more significant color diff if it was infact a hybrid. Especially if it was part coral beauty.

reef hugger

It was about 3" when I got it. I'm thinking it was a juvi too.

I say this in pass tense because well, it doesn't exsist anymore. The lesson I learned, ALWAYS QUARENTINE YOUR FISH! Basically the whole tank crashed, I lost a pair of pink skunk clowns, leather blenny, that angel, a blue-green chromis, and a skunk cleaner shrimp that died when I was moving it to a different tank to save it. I lost all those fish over the coarse of 2 days. The only things to survive were an orchid dottyback and an Arabian cowery. Man that sucked breaking down that tank because it was up for ~2 years with no major problems.

Archived