ReefCleaners.org

Options for my tank?

mmu4

I have a 5 gallon eclipse tank and added a 13 Watt retro fit with white and blue lighting. Right now I have sand, 5lbs of live rock, a camel shrimp, tomato clownfish, and a damsel, some cleaners as well. I had mushrooms but my shrimp ate them. I am wondering what would work well in my tank with my shrimp and the lighting. Also what I would then need to take care of those corals and anemones. Anything would help. Thanks.

first: your prolly gonna have to get rid of the tomato clown pretty soon. it will out grow your tank. i think most soft corals (shrooms, polyps, leathers, xenia maybe.) will work in your tank. i have never heard of a shrimp eating mushrooms. are you sure it was him?

1. Upgrade the lighting (again..) if you want to keep more then mushrooms and polyps.

2. Remove the tomato clown, your tank is too small for him.

3. Remove the camel shrimp, they'll eat your corals.

4. What do you mean "some cleaners as well"...?

i think most soft corals (shrooms, polyps, leathers, xenia maybe.) will work in your tank.

Metznreef, you mean as food for the camel shrimp? ;)

I just visited the Omaha zoo/aquarium last week; those tomato clowns get huge! They had a bunch that were 5 inches long, which doesn't sound as much, but they are very tall too!

I realize I will have to get rid of the clown but right now he is very small. My cleaners are two snails and one hermit crab. There really aren't any options for me to upgrade my lighting with the top for my tank, there is no room and I really don't have the money. Since my shrimp did eat my mushrooms, and I saw him eat them, does anyone know corals that would work with my lighting? I read that the shrip won't eat bubble coral. Any more ideas and tips?

Archived