Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nano Filtration!

Rock Anemone

Rock Anemone

Hey, what do you guys use for filtration, besides skimmers? I am running a top fin filter right now on my 7 gallon bow front. I want to add another pretty soon. I am running carbon so, I hope it helps a bit!

Rock Anemone:D

aquafuge, live rock, live sand and nothing else. I had a bio wheel on the tank but I took out the cartridge and put a micro chiller in the top. now it just chills and adds water movement

If your thinking of another HOB, trying the Aquarium Systems 2000... Much better than the Aquaclear and others similar.. Very quiet and solid in construction

printerdown01

I use the standard Eclipse 1 filter... This looks just like the penguin filter!! I run both the bio-wheel and the activated carbon pouches. I have found all of their pumps to be quiet and reliable in the past. I would advocate anything that will essentially just circulate water (especially along the surface -so really almost any HOB ) that has a place for chem filtration. Go with a brand that has reliable pumps (and no need to spend major $$ on it as they will all perform the same function). I also run a 2.5 gallon fuge with a 2"+ sand bed and LR, for added filtration. -I didn't really need it, I just wanted to watch the little bugs crawl around :happy:

Archived