Coral Vue Hydros

Greetings fellow nano-reefers!

zaraleo

Hello fellow hobbiests,  I'm new to this board.  Although  I must admit I have been reading the posts on this board and gathering useful information from you guys for several months now.    but this is my first actual post, and I'm happy to finally join the club.

I recently got my 10 gallon nano-reef up and running, and I have had my clean up crew in it for about a week now.  So far no spikes in nitrate, nitrite or ammonia.  

Here's  the specifications on my new nano:

12 lbs of cured marshall island rock

4   lbs of live rock rubble ( I'm using this as a natural       debris filter in the outtake chamber of my cpr refugium)

8   lbs florida live sand

also several pounds aragonite sand,  the tank has about 2-3'' substrate bed.

Cleanup crew members:

4 Margarita snails (Tegula funebralis)

3 Baha red leg hermits (Clibinarius digueti)

2 Black and white haw hermits (Calcinus seurati)

Caluerpa (located in the refugium):

Bubble caluerpa and some other type of caluerpa that reminds me of a geen brillo pad.   If any of you guys know the species name, please tell me.

Last, but not least, 4 aiptasia anemones, which will soon be meeting their premature deaths.  Thats unless you guys wanna trade them for some frags......hehe, just kidding.

Hopefully, I'll have some pictures of the nano-system to post in a few weeks.

Now for some info about myself.  I'm 24 years old and this is my first marine aquarium, actually my first aquarium ever.

Again, it's nice to meet you fellas and I look forward to some interesting discussions.

hi, welcome to the board =)

sounds like you got a great start there.  the best advice i can give you is to be patient and ask questions.  go slow and make sure you give your tank time to establish.  keep a low bioload of fish and you should be fine.  

can't wait to see some pics.. =)  

Archived