Pod Your Reef

Night Shots

Travis

I just took a few pics of my fish / ric when the lights are off and the LEDs are on.

In my update post in my thread I said that the fish are together all night long. I got a shot of them in there spot they stay at when the lights are off.

Clowns-at-Night.jpg

And the only desenct visible shot of my corals i could get was my Pink Ric.

PINK-RIC-at-night.jpg

I need to get better at taking night pictures, but oh well...these will have to do for now :D

Any one else want to share there Night Shots? Please do :)

Very cool, Travis. Did the moonlight / auto light thingy from wal-mart have a car plug in by default, making you have to splice an AC adaptor onto it?

Me + Electricity = ZAP POOF! FRY! SPARK! BREAKER BOX EXPLODING!!

heh ;)

are you guys sure they're LED lights? my old moonlight never made my rics flouresce... but putting them under a blacklight sure did.

I am pritty sure that it's LED. If I am not mistaken there are different kinds of LEDs, so maybe the one you had was the kind that has no effect on corals what so ever.

To answer tiepilot68's question. NO, you do not have to splice anything. All you have to do is go by RadioShack and tell them you want to get a transformer for a 12V car plug so You can plug the appliance( LEDs) to the wall instead of your car outlet.

Hope that helps you out ;)

I got 2 Strip pc lites that I put in a hood. One is blue and one is green ,Gives you a reel effect for night viewing. No pictures yet ,need a new camera.

Archived