Innovative Marine Aquariums

CSL Smartlite?

Pgreco

Christopher Marks

Are you referring to just the light bulb or the entire light fixture itself? There are a lot of people using the fixture with lamp. I use it on my nano reef as well.

However, for the lamp, I replaced my CSL one with a 28w (same as 32w bulb) coralife smartlamp with true actinic. It gives the tank a much nicer coloring. Not to say the CSL brand bulb won't work...I just prefer the look of true actinic.

Hey Chris,

I currently have a AGA 24" PC with a 55 watt bulb. I'm just looking to buy the bulb. I see they have a 65W smartlamp, but i'm assuming this wont work on mine. So i'm looking to buy the 55W. Currently I have a 9325K bulb on the 55W and I also have a 32W True actininc(on a separate fixture). I'm trying to consolidate.

I haven't used the CSL brand, but I have a few of the Coralife 50/50's and they are nice. The look of the light is on the blueish side of white, but many people prefer it that way. Plus it's definitely a no-brainer choice for a "one size fits all" nano bulb.

Christopher Marks

There is no difference between 65w and 55w lamps themselves, it's a difference in the ballasts powering the same lamp.

I would just order a coralife smartlamp from hellolights or MarineDepot.com. I believe the pin configuration on AGA hoods are linear ( . . . . )

Archived