Innovative Marine Aquariums

killer clown!

kamalehi

ive had this clown for 7 months and he kills every other fihs i put in w/him ! so far his kill-o-meter has 5 fish on it.he is a ocellaris 1 1/2"-2" fish ant the only thing that didnt die because of him was my bicolor angel.any suggestions? please i need as much info as i can!{LFS does not do trade-ins }

never heard of a vicious clownfish.

if it were me i would trade it in. sounds like if you ever want some nice fish, your gonna have to. your prolly attached to the clown, but in the long run you will be less stressed.

unless you dont want any other fish, then keep it.

well what size tank is it? it could be that it proclaimed the whole tank (if small enough) to be its territory and everytime you add a fish it infringes upon it, a possibility could be taking it out for a while re arranging the rocks adding a fish or two and then put it back into the tank, not much to say after that, this is just un normal behaviour, and thats why no one is stepping up because they dont know what to say, and after this i dont know either, so good luck bud :)

I have the same problem. I have a pair of Perculas, the female is extremely aggressive. She has killed two fish, one of these was the so called "very aggressive" Bicoloured Dottyback. This was before i had an anemone, now they live in a large crispa anemone and will bit my hand every time i put it in the tank. Mine is a 20g and was thinking of introducing a new fish shortly as the clown NEVER leave the anemone. What size tank do you have? Do they host in anything? Are they possesive of a certain part of the tank?

had to send my clown to clown heaven.. he was claiming all of the live rock as his and had my damsels skared to death. My 3 stripe damsel was actually shaking!! Well now he is gone and they are much more happy fish.

IT IS A ten gallon he is posessive of everything bites my hand when i move something in the tank,chasesthe fishes around so he doesnt really claim "one" area and doesnt host to any of my 2 anemones{altho they are rock anemones,got them as a present}

Ummm I love when my percs nibble at my hand when feeding, clowns, well Percs dont have teeth, or if they do their so tiny....###### stop whining, and secondly, stop adding fish, your tank is too small for more then a pair of clowns or a very unchallenging Goby. A 10g isn't big enough for a bi-colored angel, your worrying about adding more fish?? How about not even keeping the Angel in with a clown in such a small space. Sorry dude, dont mean to jump on ya here, but dont ***** if your clown is getting ####ed , you would be too living in a shoebox and someone adds a fat smelly roomate. good luck stop adding fish...biggest newbie mistake!

Are you sure it is Clown doing the killing, and not the Bicolor Angel? Which by the way is not a good fish for a 10 gallon tank.

???

1. trade... but you can't

2. bigger tank. but that cost $$$

3. Give that clown back to the petstore for next to nothing or free.

Good luck.

SpitfireMk24

I think you need to analize the situation and realize that the trouble maker is costing you additional fish, which is bad, and he needs to be dealt with.

• 2 weeks later...
Tigress's Ichthyology

where do you live? all i want is two clowns... and if i add yours and the other one to my tank at once... there will be no territory issues. I will either be using a ten gallon tank, which I already have, or a 29 gallon tank that I am planning on buying soon. Neither are set up for salt water, so when they are, I can let you know. All they will have to contend with is the live rock and maybe additional coral when my tank is better set up. They will have at least one anemone in about 6 months. I want the tank perfectly set up first. No need to harm a living creature. Think it over. That way its not dead. And maybe you could visit it. I'm in Florida too. Good luck.

Archived