SaltCritters.com

Lighting Question

yupuhhuh2

If i got the 2x36 kit and put the bulbs next to each other, or even angled a bit, instead of laying flat would i still get the 72w of power? I am wondering this because i would still like to use the strip light that i have as the lighting fixture. Any help would be great

printerdown01

I did it with 2x32... They are now slightly angled and side by side... works really well -over heating doesn't seem to be a problem for me, but keep an eye on it!

It should not be any problem at all. I would suggest using a reflector (if you don't have one yet) to make sure all the light get pointed in the downward direction. More light is "lost" from not using a reflector than having the bulbs slightly angled....

Cameron

MrConclusion

Depends more on what kind of reflector you're using, if any. But even with a nasty reflector or maybe even none at all, I think two bulbs will deliver more than one. (Unless the single bulb comparison was a perfect installation. I know it's normal for a good reflector to deliver up to 50% more light than a nasty one.)

Archived