Innovative Marine Aquariums

OrkaLoca's picoreef

OrkaLoca

Hi all ^_^

finally I've done the photos to my aquarium.

It's a 12L (3gal) tank

light: 1 neon 11W blue + 1 neon 13W 6000K (could be better if I put a 10000K instead of 6000?)

analyses:

kh 11

pH 8

NO2 ^_^

acquario01.JPG

Water changes are a good way to reduce nitrates in any tank. A refugium with some good macro algae helps to reduce nutrients but that's not a realistic option in such a small tank.Although you could throw some calupera in the tank and that may help.You don't say what your water change regiment is or what kind of water you are using..make sure there are no nitrates or phosphates in your makeup water.You should be using RO water and I would say change a quart or 1.2 L out 2X a week..For sure change to a 10000 as 6000 is a bit towards the yellow side of the spectrum.

hi all and thanks for yours reply.

well....the filter is a Millennium1000. It is empity and I use it just for move water. I could put some caulerpa in the filter and use it like a little refugium, like some americans do.

The aquarium is active from 4 December. I've started with light 4 days ago and I've started tomorrow with water changes. I've planned to change 1.2L every week. It's ok?

I use marine water that I buy in my aquaristic shop. I've analysed that water and it is PO4 and NO3 free.

Archived