ReefCleaners.org

ok, i think i know hat i am going to get.

reefkeeper93352

reefkeeper93352

in my 12g nano cube, so far (incase u havent read my other post)i have a mythix crab, a zebra hermit, 10lbs of live sand, and 6-7libs of live rock. I am planning on getting:

2 false percula clowns

1 goby (PROBABLY a clown goby)

about 4 hermits

MAYBE I bristle star

a gonaporia (taking out of my dads 42 gallon)

a mushroom

possibly a shrimp

does this sound like too much? This is gonna be sooooo fun!

reefkeeper93352

how much do you pay for rock? All of my rock was about $50 so far in my nano cube, and i have a lot. G check out my other thread to see how much I have.

50 bucks for 7 lbs of live rock?? Is it magic? You got fleeced. Go to your lfs and tell them you want a "box" (46lbs.) and dont pay more than 250. Take what you need as sell the rest to local reefers.

reefkeeper93352

i know, thats why I am taking it out of my dads tank, because we think it is not happy in their, as they are not coming out as much. We think it is because the anemone is my dads tank has decided to move in right next to the gonoporia. It hasnt FULLY come out for a few weeks. Hopefully I will have a little more luck than my dad. :P

if it hasnt fully opened for weeks, you should definitely take measures to nurse it back, ASAP. im sure you know, but gonioporas, will do best under indirect MH lighting, or very strong PC. also, be careful because those guys also dont like to be around too many other critters, and they have the ability to "compete" for territory. etc.... good luck

reefkeeper93352

my dad read an arcticle, and he said that they actually LIKE lower water quality, and ours hasnt been coming out much. Now our nitrites are rising a litttle, (dont worry we are bringing them down) the gonaporia is coming all the way out again. Kinda wierd isnt it?

Your goniopora will quickly become a paperweight. They just do that... pretty much no matter what... there is only one documented case of a living and thriving (long term) specimen, and that is maintained by eric borneman.

Archived