inTank Media Baskets

Found A Crab In My Lr. What Is It???

dantwenty2

ok, well ive had my LR and tank for about 2 months and never noticed this thing before. i did notice some things disappearing in my tank but i removed my hermits not knowing this thing was in my nano cube. this thing and inch by an inch and a half, with a brownish color with some lighter dots on it. is it ok or do i need to get rid if it? now im afraid to even put my hands in the tank after reading that post about that guys hand and that mantis! anyway anything would help.

i know well i have only seen this thing for 15 seconds out of the couple months ive had the tank, but the camera is next to the tank ready.......

ViciousFishes

If it's a crab you will probably see it mostly at night. That's how I found out I had a 2"x2" brown colored crab, with some hair on him(Not a teddy bear crab). Every time I saw him he was picking at the rocks and nothing ever disappeared so I just left him in my tank. If you see him again look at the ends of his claws. My crab has blunt claws, not pointy so I think he just grazes the rock for algae or something.

Archived