Pod Your Reef

8,800k bulb

kimura

I finnally have some money now to get a my light set. I plan on getting my hood from Customaquatics (Jalli 2x55w) and my actinics from hellolights, but I noticed that there was a 8,800k bulb there. Do you think that this is a decent all around bulb? I would like to keep some polyps, mushrooms, an LPS or two, then later an easy SPS. Right now I have a Jalli 36w PC I would like to use it with the 55's as well.

Here's what i'm thinking of doing: 1x8,800k, 03, and for the 36 10k.

I put this up awhile ago but this time i'm gonna be getting this week so I need some input. Thanks.

I dunno. With the 10k there with it it might be ok but most of the time for reefs i've seen an 8800 k cause a lot of algae. An 8800k is geared towards plants (especially freshwater).

If you have the extra flow to buy a 10k just in case the 8800 k sucks i'd do it but if cash is still kinda tight i'd honestly get the 10k.

Cameron

Thanks guys! Well then What I will do is get a 10k and 03 for the 55 watt fixtures. When I do get some cash I'll try to get the 8,800k and do some testing to see if there is a significant change.

Thanks guys:D

Archived