Coral Vue Hydros

Sabae clown behavior and bottom dweller's

Dazed1

I'm not sure if the behavior of my Sabae clown is normal or no. I got it this weekend. I would say it's small, not very small, just small. :) . It usually reside's in one bottom corner of the tank behind a rock and near the heater. It just pop's it's head once a while and doesn't swim around the tank. It also likes to stand in front of the power head like its riding in a convertible car with wind blowing its hair :D . And then it just wiggle's. When i go close by to feed it, it hide's :( . But, after the brine shrimp is floating, it comes out, stand's on the opp side of the power head, and waits for the food. It think's its a football goalie or something coz it doesnt let the food pass by.

But my only concern is, is it ok ? or will it take time to get used to the tank ? I do not have an ananome as of now and only have a small stone with yellow and tree polyp's. There are also 4 blue legged crab's and 3 turbo snails.

I also want to add a bottom dweller. What would you suggest ??

I do not plan on adding shrimp to the tank (or should I ? ) . will be adding a mushroom rock next week.

My sebae did the same at first. Even now, he is easily startled and hides. He looks great and is growing fast. Is your's tank raised?

As for a getting a shrimp, my sebae has taken to swimming next to my pepperment shrimp (in his antenae). If anyone knows why he might be doing this, I'd be curious to know.

DogfacePuffer

My sebae clown did the same thing too. He hid himself in a tiny little crack under some rockwork and didn't come out or eat for 2 whole days. He's quite tiny.

After I got the anemone some time later, he comes out more often. He sleeps inside the anemone at night, all cozy and wrapped up.;)

Archived