Top Shelf Aquatics

Id Purple Oval thing

ardo_ski

Could someone tell me what this is? It moves a little faster than a snail and has been on my snails shell along with spendning most of the day on a Hermits Shell. It didn't seem to hurt them. The purple oval thing.

77857533.jpg

77857524.jpg

jenniebutterfly

well they look close to something that i have in my tank, but mine are a bit more clear, and the ends open up and have little teeth looking things around the whole inside, they do not move too far out of the hole, but they open and close like once or twice a minute, do yours do that too?

those three tubes look like closed up zoo polyps or some type of polyp streaching for light. i also had a bunch of those clear small tube type things. they grew on one piece of live rock for about two months there where about two dozen of them in one area, then disapeared and i havent seen any since. they were about an 1/8 to 1/4 inch and kind of clearish white..

thise chitons are pretty cool, there are 2 or 3 in my tank, one is light brown and about 3/4 of an inch the other two are smaller but have really cool color green and purple like bright coraline algea.

heres a really bad blurry picture of the brownish one

12118chiton-thumb.jpg

speed_freak03

The "black tubes" look like black sponge, dont touch it at all. It can lead to a pretty serious reaction sometimes. When Im at work I get stung by it all the time, and causes a bunch of small bumps, and itches really bad where ever I got stung by it at.

Archived