SaltCritters.com

Colt coral caught in Minijet 606

hngu7721

I woke up to find a limb on my colt coral had been sucked into my powerhead, and was unable to remove it in one piece. I now have a colt with a damaged limb. Should the coral be removed, or is it resilient enough to heal on its own.

TIA

As long as it is still atatched to the rock it was on it should be fine. They are generaly very resilient until you frag them . then it is hard as hell to get the fragged piece to heal and atatch.

the frag master

mine have been fragged many times, and i use the sewing method. i take a sewing needle and some fishing line. i the insert the needle into the base and then proceed to wrap the the fishing line around a piece of reef rubble (available at almost any reef store, just ask for some.). then i tie the line in a knot and then glue the frag at the base and the knot with ZAP GLUE (just ask your dealer and he'll get you a good type of glue). i hope that this info will help you in keeping your colt frag alive and thriving. thanks for posting your problem many of the reefers who keep colt leather corals do not know how to keep the frags or breakages that accasionally happen alive

Archived