Coral Vue Hydros

questions

kgb

hey guys i havea few questions

ok i have 20 pounds of rock and 7 pounds of crushed coral

ok i have had my tank cycleing for a while with some polyps and other small corals since the firts day i got LR(the came on the rock ) the corals are growing really well and the LR i got has lots of brown steam things on them which are growing

i have 5 blue hermits and one turbo snail

i have these little things some one told me are flat worms

ok they are bout a mm big and the stick to the glass and move around sometimes but they seem to be increaseing in numbers every day

also i have these little bugs that are clean white dobnt know what they are but they also multyplying

ok what else should i get for my cleaning crew ?

and what types of fish can i get for my tank

i want at least 2 maroon or orange clowns (male and female)(also how do i sex these and whjat are the different colors about they more agressive or no )

and i dont no what else i think tangs are nice and also those tomato fish

what you guys recommend for a 20 gall

printerdown01

Flat worms are a pain in the butt... Suck as many as you can out with a pipette... But don't drive yourself crazy trying to get rid of them, it just won't happen. The little white bugs are probably copepods (might be iso... but they are a little more uncommon). I think you are going to find that your hermits are better at amusing on-lookers than actually cleaning up anything... but sometimes they can pull their own weight (just hasn't happened in my tank!). You are going to want a lot more snails. If you want to stick to turbos (i.e. you are going to keep larger corals, that they can't knock over) you will need 7 or 8 more... A general rule for turbos is 1/2 turbos per gallon... I like snail diversity, so I would mix in some nerites and margaritas as well... Pick up a couple of nass snails just as a trial run -I think you will find that they are MUCH more effective than blue-legs. I picked up 2 simply because I was curious to see what the big hype was. When I first put them into my tank they burried in the sand... I just watched them and thought "big deal." The next day when I put food in the tank for my fish, they tore out of the sand the second the food hit the water and started moving all over the tank (with alarming speed) in search of the food!! As for fish... maroons are quite a bit more aggressive than percs!! My maroon has claimed the ENTIRE 12 gallon for himself, and has killed a gum drop goby that I attempted to add to the tank... He is REALLY territorial!

You're gonna have a helluva time trying to eradicate those flatworms. I don't think they'll ever completely go away, unless if you try Oomed, like I have. I also use it on new frags that I get, and have been 100% flatworm free for the past half year now.

hehe ok thanks for all the info but know i am a bit confused

ok i have a big snail the guy told me it is a turbo snail

so you say i should get like 7 more snails

what type should i ask for

also are flat worms bad at all like will they damage my oveer all tank ?and what is a nass snail

flat worms are a delicatcy for my Six-lne wrasse, he just picks at them all day long and since they multiply so fast, my six-line will never have the problem of starving..hahahaha..but yes, i do agree tat they are a pain in the AS$.

you are thinking about a tang in your 20??!!! I really really hope you are just joking!

As of the Clowns, I would get a pair of blk/wht perc or just the orange perc, the maroons get really big really fast.

cool i was thinking bout getting 2 orange fellers

ok nother question ok what do i need to keep clowns i cant afford the 2x55 light till after christmas but i would like something to look at in my tank.can i keep these fish ?

also what else would i need to keep these fish

what is a six line wrasse

also what do feed my hermits

i havent feed them in well since i started the tank and they are doing ok

you will have no problem with only NO lighting for your fish, they don't need the intense lighting.

You can try some low light corals now, like some polps or something and see how they are doing. With the feedign of the hermits, they will eat anything, or they will eat the algae on your lr.

Archived