ReefCleaners.org

lighting for macro algaes

cjm033

I would say yes, but I dont think you even need to do a 50/50 bulb.. just a 6500K would be more than adequate. My 3.5 gallon fuge is lit with a single 13 watter and that stuff grows like crazy!

printerdown01

I use a 13W 50/50 on my fuge (24/7 to prevent sporation). It works really well. One of my algae sp actually grows 1/2 inch to an 1 inch everyday!! My pod population loves it too :P ... Algae growth in my fuge (2.5 gallon with the 13W PC): attachment.php?s=&postid=37145

attachment.php?s=&postid=37144

...there is actually a LOT more macro in there now (now that I'm looking at these pictures they make my refugium look empty, LOL). Hope this is convincing enough for ya' that 13W will be enough on your 2 gallon fuge ;).

well i was thinking of getting a little bit for my main tank which is the 2.5 lol and another side question could i keep any type of capulera maby grape or sumthing with these lights? i basically plan on a few small low lights (mushrooms,polpys,maby a small leather and some zoo's) any suggestions for other coarls would be appreciated o and the bulb is a 10,000k and atnic (dunno if they make 65k 50/50's thaks for your help,Chris

Hey Printer!

That grape you gave me is growing pretty well now. I had some that got tangled on the heater, which looked as if it where dying. so i broke it off and moved the dying pieces away. But when I checked on it a few days later it was growing again! And a small empty vine with nothing on it and was translucent is now growing in the main tank! Right now I have an 18w triton bulb over my 10 g fuge lite 24/7, I don't have any substrate or rocks in there but I plan on getting some this week:happy:

hey printerdown01 ....can u post more pics of your set up or tell us more about how u move the water back and forth from your refuge to your main tank.....thanks

printerdown01
another side question could i keep any type of capulera maby grape or sumthing with these lights?

In the pic there is some grape on the right hand side ;). Grows really fast! This stuff will also root in your sand...

Archived