Top Shelf Aquatics

What will Peppermint Shrimp jack with?

ross76053

Seems like every day, I read a new thread that talks about what a Peppermint Shrimp will eat/attack. Yellow polyps, feather dusters, fish...

And of course, I have two of them in my tank.

In your experience, what will these suckers jack with? List anything you've seen picked at, nibbled on, eaten, destroyed, left for dead, etc.

Thanks....Ross.

Aiptasia;)

Mine won't touch the GSP nor my frogspawn (my only 2 corals).

My only complaint is that he occassionally eats my caulerpa. That is weird, since I thought these guys were carnivores. Not that I care much about it anyway, since I have to prune it regularly, but in doing so, he may be releasing some toxins.

mine has a love for tunicates - but the 3 crabs who snuck in on my LR have him hiding.... lol

after I get rid of them - he is NEXT

I hired him to kill glass ananes and he didnt do it

printerdown01

My baby shrooms were gone before one pepp had even gotten used to his new home! Seven days later he took out my aptasia. My new pepp doesn't seem to touch anything except my aptasia..

*One* of my peppermints ate...

aiptasia

feather dusters

various sponges/ tunicates

ricordia

Since that shrimp died, everything's growing back nicely!

had mine for 5 months now, and he's behaved perfectly - hasn't touched a thing! - he eats freeze dried plankton, and hermit pellets, thats it ;)

I've got to skunk cleaners in the tank also, they don't like the pep, hence he stays out of there way - perhaps thats why he hasn't touched any of my coral or algea.

My pep doesn't seem to be bothering any of my corals. Interestingly, I have never seen him eat any aiptasia, but they have all vanished since I put him in.

Archived