SaltCritters.com

Best Trace Element additive

kimura

Just wanted to know what trace element additives people are using.

I'm going to use some of the scripps pier saltwater since I work so close to it, and printerdown recommended that I'll need some trace elements since It's low. I'm also dosing with B-ionic weekly now, so I don't need more Ca or Alkalinity.

i dose with kent's coral-vite it has a pretty good spectrum of additives although b-ionic's got most everything too. however, i find that an extra boost of calcium and magnesium may be needed though, especially in clam or stony coral systems.

DogfacePuffer

I use the kent starter pk of calcium, strontium and iodine.

Also, sometimes a little bit of magnesium and Coral-Accel.

Coral Accel makes the corals grow like monsters. I was shocked coz one tiny shroom frag I got as a freebie from the LFS expanded to 3 times its size.

Sea Chem reef plus and reef complete for my all soft coral system with no skimmer. I soak the food in reef plus. Keep it refridgerated. Very Very great results with these additives. Read about it on GARF.

JPF

Trace elements?

Perhaps I misunderstand the meaning of trace elements but my understanding is the food entering your system has more than enough trace elements when available in conjunction with regular water changes. Sure for SPS you'll need to add a little calcium balanced with carbonates of one form or another but you don't need to get carried away with this additive business IMO.

Archived