Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Feeding Elegance Corals ...

Nemo_0916

What exactly do ppl feed their elegance corals .. mine has been doing fine for nearly a year now -- open all and fully extended.

Just curious to know what otherd feed theirs ... thinking of changing it's diet .. it may be tired or just filter feeding and in need of a more meaty diet .. maybe that would make him 'happier?'

Any comments would help ... thnaks

Silver sides, Mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, frozen squid pieces, fresh -non processed shell on shrimp from the store, Krill. ect.ect.ect..... Just make sure you feed pieces that are in accordance with its size.

SaltyDawg ... Interested. I was just going to strat feeding it that kind of stuff but when i put mysis shrimp in for example, it does not really hold onto it nor doe sit close up. Simply put it does not react to the food at ALL ... stays the same size copletely content not taking in the food ... ??? I wonder ... is it supposed to close up when it gets the food - is it like an anemone in that it will use the tentacles to bring the food close to the mouth so the mouth can swallow it? THanks in advance ...

Archived