Cultivated Reef

12g Nano MACRO pics p.1: Zoos, Zoos ....

paradise

sw122004.jpg

sw122005.jpg

sw122006.jpg

sw122008.jpg

Not really zoos, but just to show this anemone, I have 2, each tiny, but one separated into two. Anyone know what it is and if it's bad or not? It's hitchiked on my Coral rock.

sw122007.jpg

thanks guys

The Majanos (I had 2) are now gone, joe's juice does work :)

The camera is 300D by Canon, w/an exceptional Macro lens.

MiniReefin, are you in SFV also? where do you go for local corals? I really like The Aquarium Center on ventura, just went to their Monday night weekly 25% off corals thing, picked up sunflower zoos, will have pics later. They have some amazing selection of corals.

i got started goin to Marks Tropical Fish, its kinda close. i still buy water there.

Aquarium Center?, is that the one just east of Van nuys Blvd.?

Theres a couple i like to look around in, i usually go to all the local shops on Ventura Blvd like twice a month. sadley i havent really bought anything in a while.

Im in North Hollywood

MR, yes, it's on ventura by the Caddy dealership. They have really good prices, you gotta check often though for selection, they get shipments twice a week, so they have a huge sell-through.

Went to Mark's today, Some nice stuff, but everything is so big in size. Not much (if anything) for nanoreefs. Also the prices are Double of what others charge. $40 GSP frags, WOW!

Originally posted by paradise

MR, yes, it's on ventura by the Caddy dealership. They have really good prices, you gotta check often though for selection, they get shipments twice a week, so they have a huge sell-through.

Went to Mark's today, Some nice stuff, but everything is so big in size. Not much (if anything) for nanoreefs.  Also the prices are Double of what others charge.  $40 GSP frags, WOW!

yeah Marks is kinda goin to crap, like you said everything is to big, actually im goin out tonight/in a minute, to help my buddy get some clean up crew.

we're gonna try that one on the other side of the street, east.

its called somethin like Tropical..... i dont know, they got a big reef in the window, on ventura.

thats cool brotha, we gotta hook up some time.

now bring on the pics :)

Originally posted by paradise

Across the street? where?? Always need another place.

i always forget the damn name.....

its like west of Fulton and east of Vanuys, south side of the street,

ive never seen any sps, but they have some small fish and inverts, and some lps, stonies, mush, tanks... i guess stuff to look at.

oh yeah damn, i wanted to ask, when does Aquarium City get there shippments, if you know.

or when do they have there sales. Marks never has sales.

The SW sale is MOndays 5- closing, 25% off all SW livestock, and the prices are already GREAT w/out sales. Plus they have tons of specials every week. www.Theaquariumcenter.com. BTW, I know it sounds like I freaking work for them, but I dont, I just think it's a really cool place for Nano frags. All their stuff is catered towards a nano reefer, vs. 150g tanks stuff. Most stores dont do that.

Archived