Pod Your Reef

name that clam

yota924x4

you got that as a hitchhiker? let us know where you bought the rock! based upon the flutes and color i'd say it's a maxima.

I have a hard time beleive that clam came as a hitchiker... I can't imagine a Tridacna clam surviving the ######ty conditions live rock is subjected to in transit. The stuff sits dry for up to twelve hours while in transit.

Unless it ended up on the rock at the LFS. In which case, the employees must be extremely inattentive.

Nice T. maxima, regardless. Hope it does well, it's going to need a lot of light.

yep i'm serious. one of my local lfs is full of untrained people and anything attatched to the LR comes along with it this time it was a 1.5" clam that was around the backside of the rock. its a good thing i ask for the rocks to be kept wet!

other freebie-a piece of rock around the size of a pinky finger that was packed with zooanids total cost 0.32

but thanks everyone for the ID on it- i have him high in the column about 4 inches from the surface to get the most light possible. i've been squirting extra phyto in there and he seems to be doing well

Archived