Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

carpeted room + nano tank = ?!

partyboy

It really depends if the color of your sand matches your carpet. Also, make sure that the color tones of the corals you get play off the ambience of your room, otherwise it will be a disaster!

jk. I keep my nano in a carpeted room, why not you?

I have one in my living room..and my bedroom.... I dont know if they follow "fen shui" or not... but I like them :)

come to mention it...im not even sure if thats how you spell fen shui

Originally posted by Heather_H

I have one in my living room..and my bedroom.... I dont know if they follow "fen shui" or not... but I like them :)

come to mention it...im not even sure if thats how you spell fen shui

Hard to spell it since it's really supposed to be in chinese characters...but commonly accepted equivalent is "feng shui." So only one letter off.

I have mine on carpet. It gets a little damp occasionally and I think my landlord will probably keep my deposit since it will likely be crustified by the time I leave. but no big deal otherwise.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Don't place your cube on the carpet, you'll get shocked when you open the hood for feedings. It is very dangerous because the walking on the carpet builds the static and when you touch the hood the sparks hit, then if you even touch the surface water major shock, since water is a good conductor of electricity you are going to cook your fish....

Okay,,, I'm just kidden.... I'm on carpet as wells....

Mike

ProFlatlander15

i have mine on carpet, and have spilled about a half gallon of saltwater on it....i just moped it up as best i could with paper towel and it looks fine now...

I have a python siphon where you hook it up to a sink and it drains water directly down the sink. So no real spillage there. I then pour any saltwater or mixed saltwater into more easy to handle jugs and havent had much spillage.

a little water on the carpet never hurt anything ;) .... now a 75g tank exploding on the 2nd floor apartment might be another....

**crosses fingers my cichlid tank doesnt explode**

I have my 20 fw on carpet. I think that would help in case a fish jumps out. It would have a softer landing!

My 5 gallon is on my end table, next to my chair. It helps me relax after a long day at work.

Archived