ReefCleaners.org

Custom Cut Acrylic?

fishy610

I decided that I want/need a sump. I have the design and measurements ready, now does anyone know a place online where you can get acrylic/plexiglass sheets cut to order?

I have only found one place at professionalplastics.com, but $20 per square foot seems a tad pricy. I want to have it cut professionally, because I don't want to purchase a saw and blades for $200, if I only use it once.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for all the help!

interstateplastics.com looks very nice, but unfortunately they have a $100 minimum and the cuts a need would be only for a mini 10x10 sump/fuge.

I need (preferably 1/4 inch thick)

5 x 10x10

2 x 9.5x8

1 x 9.5x8

and optional 2 x 4x4

If someone could give me a quote, that'd be grrrreat!

Thanks in advance.

NICE! That'd be a done deal. I am trying to iron out the details (started in another thread here) and will then finalize the design and post some diagrams.

Undertheradar

Hey fade2black...

How much for pieces cut...(1/4" thick)

1pc. 5"x12"

2pcs. 12"x20"

2pcs. 4.5" x 20"

1pcs. 5"x12" w/ 2qty 4" holes (this is the top flange, 2x4" holes are enough)

These pieces are for a 5"x12"x20"h top off to fit under a 29g metal stand next to a 20H sump. Thats why my top flange doesnt need alot of clearance...just enough to run hoses and wires through and to pour water into.

Originally posted by fishy610

NICE! That'd be a done deal. I am trying to iron out the details (started in another thread here) and will then finalize the design and post some diagrams.

Just email me what you come up with if it is different from above and I can get you a quote. You can get my email off my website.

Originally posted by Undertheradar

Hey fade2black...

How much for pieces cut...(1/4" thick)

1pc. 5"x12"

2pcs. 12"x20"

2pcs. 4.5" x 20"

1pcs. 5"x12" w/ 2qty 4" holes (this is the top flange, 2x4" holes are enough)

These pieces are for a 5"x12"x20"h top off to fit under a 29g metal stand next to a 20H sump. Thats why my top flange doesnt need alot of clearance...just enough to run hoses and wires through and to pour water into.

$60 plus shipping. I can make the holes whatever size or shape you want as they will be laser cut into that piece.

If you want to figure out how much cut acrylic will cost from me, add up the total square inches you need (length x width of each piece) and multiply that times 0.08 and that will give you a pretty close estimate. I charge about $0.08 per square inch and usually round it down from there. It really depends on how much I am paying for acrylic but I have kept prices the same for the past 6 months even though acrylic prices have gone up 3 times since then! Of course this can change at any time, so for an exact quote just email me.

I also sell custom cut acrylic tubing if anyone is looking for that. Prices are on my website on the products page under "Other Items" I can get more than just 4.5" and 6" OD tubing as well.

paul AT firstclassaquatics DOT com

Archived