Top Shelf Aquatics

More pics of my Nano Deluxe...

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Wow. That is a really really nice tank. I love the way you've positioned everything. What's the name of that kind of shrimp? I've always loved those. Keep us updated!!!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Glad you guys like my setup, keeps me motivated to continual my sharing of ideas. I'd like to credit Chris for creating www.nanocustoms.com, because without his extra lighting power, much of my exotics would not fair too long.

I rest each day, knowing that I have given them a better probability of survival in my nano with his simple, upgradeable lights. I'm currently up to 78 watts of power, and am eagerly awaiting the construction of my new hood with nanocustoms.

I've opted for the 102 power upgrade like Larnie before me. It's as if Chris has created an order of Jedi Knights, him being Yoda disciplined in the order of more lighting power for the JBJ but with safety as a first.

Then there are the Jedi Knights, like Larnie who wields an awesome light saber, and then theres me young luke who is trying for a stronger light saber, okay,,, I'm gettng carried away, but this hobby is killer, it's a lot of fun.

Anyway, the shrimp you see is called an Anenome shrimp and they are really cool, it's tamed like a cleaner shrimp in that it will clean your hand, if you place it inside the tank. They are cheap only 9 bucks, but most of all, they don't grow as big as the cleaner shrimp do.

That's one of the reason I got him vs the cleaner shrimp. In a nano you go big in lights, small in critters.

Mike

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Yeah guys,

It's an elegance. They have that unique capablity to look like the tentacles of sebae, and since my yellow gumdrop is hosting, it looks more an anenome.

Mike

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the compliments on my tank. I love sharing and hope others can get their tanks to shine. LBFC, the power head in the corner is a simple Rio 90.

Very cheap, only 10 dollars. I heard a lot of bad stuff about the rio, but in it's defense, they are very good if they are only blowing current and are not made for hard working pumping, guess that breaks them down.

If you want a good strong pumping powerhead, the Mini-jets I've heard are really good.

Mike

really a great looking tank Mike - very compact with great composition and nice color - suprised with the large appearance of the three LPS that there isnt alot of cross border disputes after the lights go out, but again goes to show there are no absolute rules in this hobby and this is one of the finest nano tanks Ive seen in a long time

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Believe me,

I have had my share of fights among the corals. It has been a headache. If I could do it all over, I would not place those big pieces in, no way...

I would settle for only frags,, or lots of mushrooms.... But with careful placement I was able to break up the fights...

The Frog spawn is the worse, he stings everyone,,, and he's really beautiful but beats up the plate or anything else...

mike

The Empiricyst

zzpw3x, his clam will probably be quite alright with the lighting modifications he's done.

Beautiful tank mike! Though I'm itching to scrub the back...

Props on keeping that frogspawn in the center. It looks incredible but must be a headache for sure.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Thanks guys,

Enjoy getting feedback on my tank. Everyone helps out, and the habitants appreciate your concerns. I will be ditching the bio balls and the rings little by little. I will remove the rings first since they come in a whole bag.

Then I will go day by day with the balls, until the chamber is empty. Then I'll go with the reef safe carbon, just need to find out how much to place inside and which type...

Mike

P.S

My 102 watts of nanocustoms power come in today, I'm so excited. You guys have been viewing my tank with just 78 watts of power, can't wait to indulge you guys with the 102 watts of juice. We will see how my clam responds to this upgrade.

Archived