Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Something else is eating my coral

jojabis

We were stuck in the hospital for a week the tank looked so hot when we got home and the inhabitance didn't look good. I did a 20% wc and checked all the levels and everything is at 0. Things are looking better since the wc but my blenny looks like he is dying and one of my corals has something killing it.

The blenny isn't really swimming or eating he looks kind of white and skinny, any thoughts or is he a goner?

The coral had this slimey patch which appeared to be killing the coral. I took the coral out and rinced the slimey off underneath the coral was bleached and green?

tia,

mj

AReeferIsExpensive

we need to know what colour the slimey patch was.

The coral is bleach bc the light couldnt get to it...so im assuming is cyano?

future doesnt sound too promising for blenny :(

Originally posted by AReeferIsExpensive

we need to know what colour the slimey patch was.

The coral is bleach bc the light couldnt get to it...so im assuming is cyano?

future doesnt sound too promising for blenny :(

The coral it's self is a peach color and this stuff was about the same color.

Blenny is eating the algea off the sand now, but the 2 clowns look like they might have ick!

Like my baby have surgery wasn't bad enough now I am going to loose my tank. If the fish die and that one coral too, will everything else follow? Can I ever put fish back in?

tia,

mj

What is this coral exactly (i.e. species/common name)? different corals can have different problems, so that would help us help you figure this out. You indicate that it's a peach color coral, but I don't see a peach color coral listed in your signature. Do you happen to have a picture?

And what do you mean when you state that everything looked "hot." Like a "oooh! that girl is hot" kind of hot or a "get outta the kitchen" kind of hot? And what did your thermometer read when you thought it looked hot? Hope your tank gets better, but more detail will help narrow it down a bit. Good luck!

Archived