ReefCleaners.org

My YUma........

SaltyDawg

I love the coloration of my newly identified YUMA's. I got FIVE OF THESE BAS BOYS plus EAGEL EYE POLYPS on a FOUR POUND ROCK for 29 BUCKS!!!!!

Here is a pic of one that is for sale. After comparing the 2 yours has more green to it. The T-5's have washed alot of the color out of them. :( But hey the growth is pretty dang amazing. :)

Yeah these yumas don't do very well under bright lights. The only time that they were darker was when they were under a 32w smartlite. That was about 2 years ago and since then I have prop'd them atleast 6 times, never have they appeared unhealthy and they have always grown very well for me.

Nopers it is IDENTICLE to mine. It is a Yuma Ric. Mine actually have a blueish green tint to them Josh. It is pretty amazing. More blue then green actualy. Just looks more green the blue with the flash

Originally posted by Tigahboy

Oh.  the orange ones that saltydawg has up there.

i saw a red one, about the size of nickle, mabe a little bigger, it was "on sale" at one of the lfs's round here for $200.

I have seen them that high before. I think that is a bit much, because they are fairly common, for a yuma. For what Salty and I have, a good price would be about $20 for a good size polyp(sorry salty). Some people think yumas are gold, so they charge a really high price for them.

Now for $50, that would be a good price on the rock that salty got. Even if there wasn't 4lbs of LR that they were attached to. That rock that he got for $29 is a steal!

Archived