Innovative Marine Aquariums

Is this a sea slug?

qristeele

Hi All:

Bought some mushrooms and zoos today and realised that this creature was attached to one of the rocks. Need help in identifying this guy.. Is it a sea slug? 1st pic is a close up and 2nd is the sea slug attached on the mushroom rock.

Also, if it's indeed a sea slug, will it harm my mushroom or zoos? TIA! :flower: *smiles*

f5e33d6a.jpg

f5e33d6b.jpg

A pic of it crawling on my glass.. Mine is just a nano tank with one rock of zoos and one of mushroom plus two clownfishes. Think it'll be alright to leave this creature in the tank? BTW, I have two of it. Both are about 3cm long and 2cm wide.

Hey people.. I just found out that it's a maned nudibranch. Any idea if it'll harm my zoos or mushrooms? Currently they're just stuck on the glass, near the water surface.

most nudibranchs are harmless algae eaters but I would definatley look at some sort of pictoral giude to make sure because they are those that are CORAL eaters and nudibranchs that will kill everything in your tank if it is a smal nano when they die. They release a horrific stench as well as a toxin.

Say good by to your shrooms and ANY anemone you try to keep with him in there . That is the discription made on his diet was VERY vauge I would still be VERY cautious. Said his diet is almost exculsivly sea anemones. Not sure it that means discoma mushroom anemones, aptaia anemones, or BTA's.

i would throw it out- nudibranches are almost always very specialized eaters- so either he can eat the coral in your tank, and he will destroy your corals, or he will die. only harm is commin out of this fello -unless of course you can find out EXACTLY what he eats, and then if that thing is algae, but i wouldnt take the chance

oh yeah, i would do it quick too- you said there were 2, nudis are hermaphrodites so any two can have babies

Archived