inTank Media Baskets

Got my 20 all setup today...my totally mobile nano...

Physh1

Well, UPS dropped off some of my goodies today so I set my 20 back up and it's totally mobile...I can move it anywhere...lol

First off I places my 20 on a rolling kitchen cart which I used heavy duty casters on. BTW, this cart has a butcher block top on it :D.

001.JPG

Next I got a rubbermaid container at WalMart that fit the cart.

002.JPG

Here is the back of my tank. I had already installed an overflow box with 1" bulkhead. I'm running a flex drain hose to the sump.

003.JPG

The drain hose has been fed through the back of the cart and hooked up to the side of the rubbermaid container with a 1" bulkhead. I used a few T's and elbows to help fasten a filter bag to.

004.JPG

Here's another pic of how the hose feeds the sump.

005.JPG

Here's a pic of my modified 500w regent halogen fixture that housed a 70w Aqualine B 13k bulb. I am using a Ice Cap 70w electronic ballast.

006.JPG

Here is what the stock sockets look like....

007.JPG

Here is what the modded socket looks like. They needed to be trimmed lightly to fit the larger glass on the HQi bulb.

008.JPG

Here are both sockets reinstalled and ready for the reflector to be reinstalled.

009.JPG

Some wiring work...

010.JPG

My DIY light hanger...this setup will allow me to move the light up and down, along with the ability to swing it out of the way.

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

Here's another sump pic. Now I've got some water in it, my heater and my return pumps. I chose to use 2 old MaxiJet 1200 pumps. I have a ton of them so why not use them.

014.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

Here's shot of the front. You can see the overflow box and 2 return u tubes.

017.JPG

Here's a shot of the back of the cart with everything run. I mounted the power strip and ballast to it, all the plumbing is done, and the lighting system is wired and hung. I still have to solder the wiring on input side of the ballast but I'm going to run it for a few days to make sure everything works as it should before I commit to it.

018.JPG

019.JPG

Side shot...

020.JPG

Almost full of water...

021.JPG

I've had it running for around 2 hours now...no leaks and it is incredibly quiet. It's located in my dining room temporarily until I get a spot cleared in my room.

Any questions just ask :D....

Cameron

I'm consoladating my 75's down into the minibow and this. I've just got no time or $ to fill 2 75's. Gonna transfer over rock and sand today....

Cameron

what is the purpose of the "T" coming out of the ovewrflow down to the sump? new to the plumbing and getting ready to add a sump to my tank....thanks

Originally posted by sprite

what is the purpose of the "T" coming out of the ovewrflow down to the sump? new to the plumbing and getting ready to add a sump to my tank....thanks

I believe that it increses flow as well as quiets the tank. Air can get trapped of it was a regular 90 degree elbow.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived