Cultivated Reef

SPS - 20G Baby tank

goodfishguy

I set up my tank about one month ago. The tank is 20g with 15g sump. Return pump is Mag 7 which pump water from sump to the main tank via SCDW as the only filtration. I used 2 x 96 watt corallife power compact at the beginning. It looked good but still, since I am going to add SPS into my tank, I updated my lighting to 150 watt DE MH.

7023tank150-med.jpg

7023tank150a-med.jpg

7023tankhanger-med.jpg

I will update my tank with more photos soon!

Love the blueberry gorgonian. one of my favorites. I just keep hearing about how hard they are to maintain tho. How has yours been for you? Any suggestions or tips on maintaining such a coral?

Thanks!

I think this one is very easy to keep but i dont know the other. The key to keep this one is to feed it regularly like every other day or even single day. I feed it cyclop-eeze but it takes brine shrimp and flake as well. The poly will sometimes come up at day or sometimes at night. Also, I think strong current is also important.

I have two and both are very heathly. One of them even start budding as well. I can see many small poly coming up from the base too!

dude sps within a month of the tank being started!!! Be careful with sps as they require established tanks of 6+ months just like clams. Many a tanks have crashed with stocking sps too soon.

good luck

mik

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious, can you post a picture of your tank with the PCs. I've got 2x96w on my 20L, and I'd love to see a comparison pic between the PCs and MHs.

thanks!

I only got this pic under PC. It DOES make BIG different. It didnt hurt my eye under PC when I looked very close to my tank. But under MH, it hurts my eye very much.

Tigahboy: thanks. It is growing bigger and bigger now. I am looking for the way to frag it now. :)

uchiha: your clam look great! from the same parent? ehehe

Archived