inTank Media Baskets

Health of these polyps, take a look

waterdog1

These polyps came in on some cured liverock. Does anyone know why after two weeks the lower polyps are always puffy and the upper polyps are nice and open and flat? Is this indicative of something? pH=8.1, Amonia=0,Nitrite=0, Nitrate=5ppm(or less). Also(I know this isnt the ID forum) Anyone have an idea what these are?

They are two different species of polyps. At least to me it looks that way.DO I see green star polyps as well in the background? left of the bottom polyps? Oh yeah the top ones look sort of like "moon polyps", or button polyps and the bottom polyps are definately button.

yep those are(what I believed were) green star polyps in the background. They seem happy enough. It helps to think of the two brown polyps as different species. Makes one feel better about them looking so different. Hopefully all those guys will spread. I was just nervous because the lower polypes were puffy looking. Kinda looked pouty;) Thought something was wrong. So you thnk the top ones are moon polype? cool.

Yeah the name "button polyp" is very common as with others, with one exception. Moon polyps. They are unmistakable when they get larger. Their discs are freakishly huge when they reach adult hood. They are short stalked and have a very thin but huge in diameter polyp with stringy like tenticles surrounding the outer edge like any other zoo would, but they do not have a second row of them like most zoos develope. They are always a yellowish green with brown coloration as well. Not saying this is for sure what you have though. To early in the game.

Archived