Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ID please: Clear thing with tenticals

s0nya

Please help me ID something I found on the live rock. It's clear, it has a mouth and tenticals with one ball on the end of each of them. I have a picture though it is rather hard to see.

thing.jpg

It's open most of the time, though every once in a while it will pull all its tenticals in and close up. Sorry the picture is so bad, I'm new to taking tank pictures. Hope someone can ID. Thanks!

s0nya

Thanks. I'm pretty sure it's not aiptasia as we had some of that and have removed it, doesn't really look like it at all. Also it doesn't have much 'stalk' at all, it's mounted almost directly onto the rock under the mouth. I'll look into the curly q anemone though.

Sorry about the horrible picture. It's so tiny (the size of a pea about) and pretty clear, so it's hard to get a shot.

s0nya

ball anemone. They live in complete darkness and eat anything that hapends by them. IE baby snails and such. They dont move very much at all so it should remain harmless if it is totaly shaded.

I have one too.

Thanks all! I think it is a Pseudocorynactis, compared to the google pictures, it does not sit in total darkness, seems to like the light, and it has given 'birth' to two new mouths as well.

s0nya

• 3 weeks later...
Deleted User 8530

I would think It is a uhh.... Where the heck is my post now.... A uh..... Jewel Anemone. They arnt anemones at all and only come out in LOW light or complete darkness. I ahve a few. They are awsome. I feed them Brine shrimp some days.

looks bad remove it because i had a curlyqanemone in a 20 gallon and caught a glass anemone and thought it was a curlyq and they took over dont take a chance

Archived