Pod Your Reef

Oops, I did it again !

luisimo

You will imagine that I should know better and I will not lister to my local fish store but I did. They sold me this coral but I forgot its name.

I really want to do some research on it, could you wise ones tell me which coral is this ?

Picture #1

It kind of looks like a plate coral :(

I got rid of a bubble coral because it was aggressive, I can't believe that I replaced with another aggressive coral... What are the odds ?

It's a heliofungia (plate coral - long tentacle) - - feed it meaty foods at least once a week.

And yeah, it is aggressive. Just keep it on the sand bed tho and I'm sure you can keep stuff away from it.

i see your ocellaris checking out that helio... make sure he doesn't decide to use it as a host, as the rubbing action will tear the coral's tissue, leading to its premature death.

GL w/ the coral!

Originally posted by luisimo

Thank you everyone, I decided to give the coral to my brother. I should always do research not matter what the peple at the store tells me.

right on. don't sweat it too much though, we all have made the impulse buy. :) it also helps to get to really know your LFS salesperson. not all of them are phony.

Archived