Innovative Marine Aquariums

Some Nanocube MACRO shots (upgraded by Chris)

paradise

Another late-night session.

The cube has 72 W of lights, 1 Jali 24W actinic, and 2 reg. stock bulbs, with a moded ballast, and much better working fans. The Mod is courtesy of the amazing Chris (cchung) and his site, www.nanocustoms.com. Check it out!!!

Here are some teasers:

One of the many hermits I have

swcrab121403.jpg

Close up on the clam

swclam121403.jpg

My female Cinnamon Clown (part of the bonded pair I have for sale in the Classifieds section)

sw121410.jpg

Side view of the tank

sw121402.jpg

Freshwater pic, part of the same session

110g121402.jpg

Thanks T, my setup for photography is pretty complicated. I use a Canon 300D (Dig. Rebel) w/a 100mm 2.8 Macro lens to do these pics. You dont need that, The G6 is an excellent camera, just remember this: Just because you get a great camera, wont make your pics great. There is a LOT more skill than equipment involved. When you are ready, visit my site (link in my sig) and we'll help you get the most out of it. That is what I and my members do, nobody has been disappointed YET.

What type of shrooms are in the background in pic 4(green and purple)? i just picked up some very similar to those. but I think they were incorrectly identified.

I think those are green hairy mushrooms. That is what I got them as a while ago. They are overgrowing the rock, have not been able to separate them. Put rocks next to them but they bulge and stand up against each other but wont move over :)

Thanks, guys

Tigahboy, the setup I use is expensive, you need the Canon 300d to use the lens (camera about $800 lens about $450) so you better use it for more than just tank pics. :) I do some nature photography also, and am getting into bug macro :)

Chris, wipe off that drool and get working on more mods :) :)

BTW, guys, make sure to click through to the link, there are a LOT more pics !!!

Haha...Someone else told me that you take photos professionally right after I posted my comment and I was like "okay, nevermind then." hahah.

I at least need more than 2 MP tho. =P

Originally posted by Tigahboy

Haha...Someone else told me that you take photos professionally right after I posted my comment and I was like "okay, nevermind then."  hahah.  

Professionally is stretching it, that would imply I am getting paid. :) It's just a very Dedicated hobby of mine :) :)

What do you think of the second batch, I think it's even better than the first

I'm no photo expert...but they ALL look amazing to me! I am slightly biased towards your first batch however simply because I love that picture of the hermit. haha. so cool.

thanks guys. Chris, most of the livestock is either from Aquarium Center (on Ventura) or from this new tiny place that just opened up in Northridge, calle The Coral Reef (I think) these two guys just plain love reefs, and that is all they sell, lots of small pieces, 'cause they have a very big nano following and just amazing prices. Call me and I will find out the info for you, if you tell them I referred you, you will get better prices, I am their biggest fan :)

paradise..great tank

i think that those mushrooms are actually yuma ricordea.

very rare and expensive in the trade. A shot of just the ric would almost guarantee my guess.

I would love to get a shot of it, but the thing is in a crevice and wont come out, it opens up but does not come completely flat out. It was originally on a flat rock, but then moved off of it into this crevise in the base rock. Hard to get a pic.

Archived