Coral Vue Hydros

Just another plain Jane 10g starter tank

Surfzup2k4

Figured I would post it anyways : I don't really have anything planned for this tank besides some type of shrimp or arrow crab and a small fish. I will also add a tad bit more rock later, it has 7lbs in it now. I would have started the 75, but funds won't allow it right now. Thank you nano reefers for interesting me in the saltwater hobby. I have been researching since whenever I registered. B)

Everything shown is what I had laying around, besides the liverock, salt, and water.

tank5.jpg

tank7.jpg

tank%202.jpg

tank%203.jpg

future.jpg

Oh, and pics taken with LR in them were right after some sort of tank disturbance (water change, rock rearrangement,) so the water isn't that cloudy anymore. I will update the pics later.

For anyone wondering about the lighting, there are 2 Lights of America 6500k screw in self ballast PC's in there with a bit of tin foil :P

Man, I didn't even think about that haha. Would be awesome. I like the midas blenny. Is 10 gallons enough for one? Thanks for the compliments :)

I have a clump of them I could incorporate later (barnacles that is)

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up getting a bicolor blenny :D I added the little fella last Thursday along with a CBS. I also got some zoos a day or so ago. I will update the thread with pics here shortly :)

ok here are some updates pics, hope you all enjoy it in aaaaall of it's blandness :D Hopefully I can change that soon hahaha

This clean up crew is awesome, as you can compare pics (that are in no particular order btw) you can see that they tore the algae a new one (2 blue legs, 2red legs, 2 blueish with red dots? 6 various snails that I don't know the names of.)

I think I am going to trade the cbs for a skunk cleaner, I just don't like him that much for some reason and he tries to stalk the blenny, or so it seems.

angletank.jpg

angletank2.jpg

blenny1.jpg

Does anyone know what the heck this thing is? sorry the pics are blurry. I am assuming some type of nudi as it looked similar to ones I had seen before.

• 2 months later...

Thanks, sorry it took so long to reply. The lights are 2 18w 65k screwin bulbs from home depot. I have since changed the rock many times, added corals, and upgraded to a 20l. I will post updates as soon as I can.

The sand is a pool filter cleaning sand made my oldcastle. I couldn't really justify spending 20 bucks on some reef sand just because the southdown/ oldcastle aragonite playsand was out of season and unavailable.

I have added corals :)

yellow polyps

zoos

gsp

xenia

kenya tree

rics

shrooms

I shall try to get some pics up soon

Came a long way huh? lol This shot is probably 3-4 weeks old. I added some things since then. A few shrooms and rics.

shot1.jpg

largest pep shrimp

shimp1.jpg

and the new 20 long. :) I just threw the rocks in there. I have since built a hood that houses 4 more 65k 19w screw ins and and fuge is up and running. I also have the rock arranged how I like it. My cam went dead before I could take finished pics. I will have some soon :

thrownin.jpg

justsetup.jpg

Archived