Top Shelf Aquatics

Protective clown, deadly anemone Help

blindreef

Hey guys whatsup! Well I've got one healthy clown and anemone pair! My saddleback goldbar has been in my tank for a little over a year, and my anemone for about the same. The anemone is super healthy. He has changed his colors from white with pink tips to purple with green tips, and well more than doubled in size! Hes 10" across now! My tanks only 18 gallons, so between my anemone eating fish, and my clown beating them up Im having a hard time with finding something to go in my tank. Any suggestions on what type of fish might do well? Ive tried damsels, chromis, firegoby, and a dragonet(it hurt to find him in my anemones belly) any suggestions would be appreciated

cow fish/box fish ( because they typicly stay near the top of the tank), dwarf fuzzy lion, toad fish, baby snow flake eel until it gets larger, (How in the hell did it manage not to die after eating the dragonet which has poisonus skin?) Jaw fish, psuedo chromis "maybe". Oter gold bar clowns.

The only fish you are going to be able to add to that setup would be another clownfish of the same species.You could get away with a different color variant of the species if you want variety.I would not add anything else fishwise though.

Archived