Cultivated Reef

Dead Clown

Mazi79

So I wake up this morning and go downstairs to have a look at the tank and I can't find the clownfish anywhere. I look and look and finally I go to the back of the tank and the fish somehow managed to get behind all of the rock and die somehow... so should I take the rock out, enough to fish out the body, or should I just let it decompose and do water changes?

Originally posted by masterchief

dude, can i have it

like how much meat do you think is on that thing?

i'll pay for shiping

:x stop jokin around

what i suggest to do is remove the fish... try to use chopsticks or something to get it out

yeah, i usually use chopstick when i eat sushi

but i think i would cook clownfish first, i dont know if it would be safe to eat it raw

Undertheradar

if you have the benefit of critters that will eat that corpse, dont worry about it...its just fish-food then. If nothing eats it, you better get it out. But what tank doesnt have a crew of shrimp and hermits that would love to eat a clownfish?

what i suggest to do is remove the fish... try to use chopsticks or something to get it out

Chopsticks! LOL...Uchiha must be asian.

;) me too.

Yeah, take it out and flush it down the toilet.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by apophis924

whenever anything dies in my tank my CLEAN UP CREW eat it in 24 hours. thats why they call them clean up crews.  

??? ??? ??? So how much can your crew handle? mmmmm a trigger? 2 puffers? a porpoise?

ok ok ok some common sense here please.

Please refer to the manual, chapter 1, page 1, rule 2 in your Complete idiots guide to fish keeping.

rule 1, fish live in water.

rule 2, IF FISH DIES IN WATER TAKE IT OUT!

apop, take your dunce cap and go sit in the corner, your in time out. Oh yea, and put the dunce cap on.

• 3 weeks later...

The easy way would to be to just pull it out with your hands.....I work at a LFS and I pull dead fish everyday....usually jest feeder fish, but I pulled a Maroon Clownfish last week. Its not a big deal just pick it up and then flush it....they arent really slimey or anything unless its been sitting for a while, then it will break apart in your hand....

try and get a siphon back there to at least pull it out of the crevice if you can fit it without removing your rock. . . which would defeat the purpose.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived