Pod Your Reef

Torch Coral Needs

Cesar

Can someone tell me if The Torch Coral needs alot of light. Would they need to be high in the tank? I just noticed that somehow it was knocked down from the rock that it was on and it seems to be very small.

9777MVC-012S-med.JPG

Not super light needy...your PC's should be fine....But make sure it gets med flow. not super high, just enough so you see tentacles swaying.

Torches sometimes shrink a lil, but it will likely bounce back. Probably just stressed from the fall itself. As long as you don't see crazy mucous coming out of it, it will likely be okay.

But make sure your water params are all normal too...

By the way Tigah my Nitrates are down to 20ppm's, whooo. Finally seeing a positive sign there.

For a minute there I was bit nervous when I saw the torch facing the sand. I remember someone said that you can feel somewhat of a sting, because they are strong punchers. So when I reached to get it I was thinking to myself "Oh man please dont sting me or you will stay here in the sand", hahaha.

hahah...doesnt seem to affect everyone the same....some don't feel anything....for some reason i do. or maybe it's just in my head. good to hear about your nitrates...a DEFINITE improvement!

Mine loves the light, i have a 150w MH and as soon as the lights come on it stretches out and looks great. So i would place it toward the top. Needs good flow but the tenticles are so light in weight that you only need a moderate flow to make move them around.

What other LPS have you got?

You know what Cornstar this might sound weird but I THINK that's the only one. I say weird because i say "I THINK", haha. Dont even know what I have. J/K, I know but I think that's the only LPS.

Yeah Cesar place it close to the liht source and make sure nothing else is close to it as it will sting the SHIAT out of what ever it touches.

Archived