Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Orka's picoreef

OrkaLoca

Hi at all ^_^

i'm Silvia from Italy (so sorry for my english ;) )

I own a picoreef.

I've a little tank 33*22*22 (cm) with 12Lt of water, 2cm of living sand and 2,5Kg of living rock.

There are 2 pumps with a 6hous period, and a 25W heater.

I've done it 1 week ago so it is still without light.

For future I've bought 2 neons:

-13W 10000K white

-11W actinic (can I say actinic? it's correct? :blush: )

And that's all folks ^_^

ciao brianemone. sono di milano. le foto le farò a fine mese!

----

[translation: hi brianemone. I'm from milan. I'll do photos at the end of the month]

Originally posted by Travis

...in english?

J-Bass: Ciao, benvenuto al nano-nano-reef!

trans: Hi, welcome at nano-nano-reef!

Orka: Ciao J-Bass ^___^ graaazie!

Trans: Hi J-Bass ^__^ thaaaaanks!

x Messy: It's Italian ^_^

Yes please post pictures and mabey one with you next to it so we may all understand better the actual size of this tank. I am soo bad at the metric system this makes it hard to visualize the size of tank.

Originally posted by Ebin

Yes please post pictures and mabey one with you next to it so we may all understand better the actual size of this tank. I am soo bad at the metric system this makes it hard to visualize the size of tank.

Hi ebin. I've done the conversion.....

the tank is about:

13 x 8.5 x 8.5 (inches) and about 3 gallons

now can you imagine it?

My Italian is pretty bad, but I'll try anyways (I have only taken 3 months of classes):

Ciao Silvia! Mi chiamo Tommaso. Che cosa voui comprare per tuo acquario? Vuoi i pesci e "coral"? (come se dice in Italiano "Clownfish" e "Coral"?). Devi fare un viaggio allo Acquario di Genova, è molto interessante, bello, e divertente.

Anyways I was there about 3 years ago and I was pretty amazed what they had there. If you are in Genova sometime I highly recommend seeing it.

Benvenuto al nano-reef, ed io voglio vedere le fotografie del tuo acquario!

GREAT!!!! Dark, you Italian is surely better than my english ^_^

True! You've done just 2 very small mistakes and it's very good. I know that Italian isn't an easy language ^_^

Now let's see the translations..."coral" in Italian is "corallo" (1 corallo, 2 coralli). "clownfish" in Italian is "pesce pagliaccio" (1 pesce pagliaccio, 2 pesci pagliaccio).

I've seen the acquarium of Genova...it's fantastic *_*. But also in Milan there is an Acquarium, do you know? No? Eheh I know, it isn't so popular, and it's small, but it's very nice. I hope I'll work there or in another acquarium or similar in future ^_^

Haha yeah I always screw up the articles (Il, I, La, Le, Lo, Gli, etc.)

Its a whole lot easier for me to read Italian than speak/listen to it!

But Milan is pretty much the only big city I haven't been to in Italy, so I'll have to check it out next time I'm there. I only hope that I can visit Italy when there is another F1 race in San Marino or Monza!

Anyways, in boca al lupo! I hope your tank turns out well!

Oh yes, you must see Milan, it's so beautiful.

The tank it's turning well. There are many little animals crowling out from the living rock, and the spirograph that there was on rock is growing.

It's so nice ^_^

Archived