Innovative Marine Aquariums

To many fish or can i add more, That is the question.

The Shrimp X

Ok heres the thing my 29 gallon tank has been running peacfully for a little over a year. I still am making ajustments (like every other week or so i get like 2 pounds of live rock), I get new corals, and some times get a new invert. But heres my question. I have 2 Ocellaris clowns (both 2.5 inches), 1 Royal Gramma (2.5 inches), 1 Firefish Goby (2.5 inches), 1 Wheelers Goby (little over 2 inches).

Now dont get me wrong because my fish have grown less than 1/8 an inch since I got them. So I think they are about full grown. I hear all different thing about what tell you how many fish you can have. I just want to know if i am able to get 1 neon blue goby. I had one in the past before I got my wheelers goby and I loved him. He passed away and about a week later i got the Wheelers Goby. On my tank I have a Penguin 170 filter (took the bio-wheel out cause its a nitrate sink), and I have a AquaClear 500 DIY Fuge.

I would live to hear every ones ideas and comments about this.

Thanks a million

David

i think you're doing fine on the fish... you may wait to remove the firefish to add another, the only other fish I would possibly recommend is a pygmy angel, they are very active, quite interesting, and do well in smaller reef / community tanks...

and instead of adding a fish you might think of adding inverts such as snails or starfish...

i dont want to take out a fish to add another. i want to know if i would be ok if i got a neon blue goby. they only get one inch, so why not? J/W

P.S. i originally wanted to get a type of pygmy angel but decided not to because they sometimes eat corals, or atleast pick at the corals.

Hahaha. Yeah Shrimp X, I say go for it. One more that size can't add that much of a bioload. Now about the Pygmy Angel. You would just have to be careful because they can start to nip at corals. There are people here who are trying these pygmy's and they are having no problems. They are nice looking fish though.

Archived