inTank Media Baskets

First attempt at a DIY stand

jjharrisx4

Well, here it is...I didn't want doors on this because I have no plans for a sump. Wiring will channel through the left side of the stand and be basically out of site. I plan on using it as a display for books or maybe a small statuette under the tank. Also, the stand is currently for a 15g tall, but will fit a 20g as well. It is made of the same material and stain as my diy canopy posted earlier. I'll post pics when I get it set up tomorrow afternoon. I have to move the tank from my office.

Also, you'll notice it matches the baseboard in the room as well. Extra materials come in handy!

Here is the tank I moved, and the DIY canopy I made earlier this year. I'll have to re-stack the rock when I have some time. Not bad for now though. The little guy in the black and yellow stripes is my son Jake.

Originally posted by jjharrisx4

The little guy in the black and yellow stripes is my son Jake.

it doesn't look like it is aclimating well. have you been feeding it flakes? because I have found you really need a lot of like food for them, but after a while they will exept flake. Also let me warn you, THEY GET REALLY BIG.

At first, when I saw your stand, I thought it needed some doors but after I saw the 2nd pic, I think it looks great the way it is!!

thanks for the feedback! Originally I planned on adding doors, and not finishing the inside. But I got a bit creative, and liked it so...now I have a bookcase/stand. Personally I'm pretty happy. Total materials was about 25$, plus some stain and baseboards I already had on hand. When I eventually move my 50 into a 100g, Maybe I'll make that stand/canopy too.

your going to need at least a 100 gallon tank. those things get to be as big as 6 feet, somtimes even 7!:|

You will really need somthing like 1000+ gallons.

Archived