Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Which Fish First?

Nateair

I would suggest putting the perc first. Its the most hardy fish out of the three... All of them will get along. I have the same fishes. But becareful, certain gobies will fight with the firefish.

Unless its smaller then a 10g, assuming a small goby, it should be ok.

I second the firefish -> goby -> perc introduction order.

The firefish is shy, and may hide alot if added later. I have a perc and firefish and left my firefish alone in the tank for about a month before getting the perc, and hes not shy at all.

if you're getting a 85g, why don't you just wait ...? no point risking the lives of fish ... i'm pretty sure they will feel stressed moving from tank to tank. not to mention, firefish and gobies are hard to catch when you want to "move them"

if your tank is indeed smaller than 10g, you should only be getting 1 fish. think twice before you compromise their lives

not compromising any lives. its not smaller than 10 and i dont plan on moving them to the big tank. 85g is a huge tank and is going to take a few months to setup and start running. im sure the fish will be fine and happy, but in case not i plan to move maybe one fish out, it depends on how happy they are. i apppreciate the info and look forward to showing off my tanks.

well 3 fish is still a lot for the size tank but have no fear, if i do see a problem my friend will store the fish in his 55 until my big guy is up (so excited! going to drill holes in my glass tank today and take it home!!!)

Archived