ReefCleaners.org

Are gobies jumpers?

Nateair

I put a goby in my nano cube dx and even though i have a damsel in there i figured he would be okay on the bottom and under the rocks. he was good for a few days but i found him yesterday in my back compartment with the pump. :*( since i have sponges in the second compartment it would be impossible for him to go through the overflow to that third compartent and i have LR in the first compartment. he must ahve jumped over the divider into that compartment. WHY? i thought maybe the damsel was chasing him, (the damsel is on its way out, its going to a friends 55g) but i wanted to make sure Gobies arent jumpers before i buy a new one.

Gobies, firefish, and the like are all possible jumpers if they get spooked. I have had a few go carpet surfing before I found that out. Giving them alot of hiding spots amongst the rockwork could help alleviate this tendency, though.

HTH

you he had a lot of hiding places, i think the damsel did it though, at least i really want to blame it on the damsel because i want to get rid of it ASAP.

my firefish did the same thing yesterday, he is such a coward, ever since i added my pulsing xenia he would hide all day and all night. Only recently has he come out just to eat and then he'll go back in, he used to be out all the time.

I have seen a Satanic Damsel I have chase my Firefish and noticed that it seems to be looking for a way out. The weird thing is that I have an opening where the HOB filter goes and he either hasn't seen it or has missed that gap. It's about 2 inches open. I guess it's not his time yet. Haha.

stupid crazy fish, my water is fine and there is no real reason for him to be jumping... all i know is it took 10 min to get him back in the tank and i'm sure the whole ordeal stressed him some

Archived