ReefCleaners.org

California King Snake.....................

SaltyDawg

I have a juvinile california Kingsnake for sale or trade. She is absolutly beautiful. Very gentle. A healthy eater too. she takes three pinkies a week. Not big enough for mice yet.

Would realy like to trade for coral or somthing to do with the reef hobby.

I will sell it out right though. NO SHIPPING sorry. Would be HELL on the herp. and hell on the delivery dude if she escaped!

I am in Cincinnati if any one is interested just drop me a PM or an email. duanej_30@hotmail.com .

you can ship herps fairly easily salty. take a brown paper lunch bag(with shredded paper or something for the snake so that it doesn't get ultra stressed out) and put the snake inside. fold the top down numerous times and staple it shut really well. put it in a box with a bunch of styrofoam peanuts and put a heat pack or two on the box's lid(make sure the heat packs are the ones that last over 12 hours). then go send it via fedex priority overnight(gets there before 10:30 am). i've bought 5 chams this way and have never had a problem.

just in case you had offers outside cincy.

gorgeous snake btw.

Thank you both for the Info. I will be sure to do so. My old roomate stuck me with his snake and I dont want another animal to care for. I realy need to get rid of her. She is realy pretty though. I guess her at a year old or so.

these make fantastic first snakes. pretty darn easy to take care of really. if i had more money and time i would buy this from you salty...you've got a great specimen!

prettyflywhiteguy

i could trade you some zoos for it.. i have some electric greens and a few orange centers, PM me if interested or for pics...

never heard of a thermos trade for a snake before.. :D

Thank you all for the kind words.

Prettyflywhiteguy: How many zoo's we talking here?

Ceasar: You are probably thinking of the California Mountain King snake. Which is aslo nonvenomus but in coloration mimics that of the deadly coral snake.

Just remeber this if you see one and have time to check it out.

red touch black venom lack, red touch yellow kill a fellow.

prettyflywhiteguy

i've got a rock with about 50 orange centers on it that i'd give you for it, or i could give you two smaller frags 2-3 polyps a piece of some real nice electric greens and orange crush, the electric greens are the ones in fragpacks.com's banner ad

prettyflywhiteguy

here they are.. except for the bottom the rock is totally covered with these, they're on my sandbed because my candy cane was getting dangerously close to zapping them every night.. so yeah balls in your court let me know what you want to do with this

and excuse the lousy pic.. my tank and my camera live together in a hate/hate relationship

on a final edit.. i recounted the polyps on the rock, there's closer to 40 than 50, still a very nicely covered rock though

Try taking a pic further from the glas so I can get an idea of actual size . Also try cleaning your glass or somthing dude. Either your cammy is over exposing the shiat out of your pics or your glas has algae on it! LOL!!!!!

BTW are they brown with orange centers? If they are I already have some.

prettyflywhiteguy

yes they are brown with orange centers.. the rock is the size of a golf ball, I also have a rock with the some electric greens.. about 15 polyps, or i could give you two small frags, one electric green and one orange crush, like i said each of those only has 3 polyps

and my camera refuses to take good pics of anything in my tank.. i need someone who knows cameras to show me how to use the damn thing, it takes great pictures of everything but my tanks

What type of camera is it? ALSO most cameras WILL NOT focus under actinic lighting very well at all unless they are big money cammy's.

If you have a flash setting on it turn it to low. If you can adjust the exposer set it to some where near or around 300.

if you just have images that represent different settings of exposure then seles the one with the palm tree or the one with the clouds.

also hold the button down just a tad BEFORE you click it all the way. This will let you see on screen if it is going to focus in before you sanp it.

I have orange crush polyps and greens already too. sorry. ;)

My greens are SUPPER SUPPER GREEN. I also have some PINK zoo's that I BET are the PINKEST ZOOS you have EVER seen! I will post a pik of the soon. ALL of them. The greens and orange polyps grow SUPER SLOW!!!!!! I mean maybe a polyp a month at their healthiest state. The pinks grow SUPER FAST Like 6-8 polyps per month.

prettyflywhiteguy

man we have very different orange crushes, i've only had mine for 2 months but the accidental "i dropped the rock" frag already grew two new polyps from the one that was on it and the mother colony must have grown 7 or 8

i blame that on my no skim philosiphy.. :D

about the camera it's a sony cybershot 5.0 and no matter what I do with it pics always come out blurry, the green calcerous crap on my glass doesn't help much either, but i've got a nimble from cjerome coming in the mail this week so maybe that'll fix things up for me since the magfloat that came with my cube is absolutely worthless..

the last thing i could offer you is a big hunter green mushroom rock.. 7 really big mushrooms in a nice hunter green color, these aren't brown with a green tinge either they're really very bright nice greens.. i didn't want to slight you by offering mushrooms though, but that's the only other thing i can offer right now

prettyflywhiteguy

wether you believe it or not it's worthless for tank pics.. and i need it for work.. its one of the few decent cameras out today that has a waterproof housing that you can get for less than 5 grand, that and a cali king is like a 30 dollar snake on a bad day :P

Then why dont youstick that sucker in the water with the case on then? THAT WOULD BE AN AMAZING SHOT!!!!! BTW I was only joking about the trade for your cyber shot. I have the SAME cammy. I know how expensive they are. ;)

prettyflywhiteguy

tried putting it in the water with the casing.. still nothing doing with a good pic, i can shoot the underside of a freshly cleaned yacht in all it's pristine glory but can't get a decent shot of my tank :(

Turn off your actinic bulbs. Thats how I used to have to do it in mine. Also since we have the same cammy turn your lighting enviorment settings to the palm tree or the cloud with the sun behind it. then go to your flash and turn it on low. also set it to red eye reduction.

prettyflywhiteguy

that could be my problem, nothing i have over the tank doesn't have actinic in it, i've got straight actinics and 50/50s, i might have to go and buy a pure white bulb just for photography.. lets stop the thread hijack though, sorry about it :D

Archived