Top Shelf Aquatics

Zoo and GSP growing

dyceskynes

I have 1 zoo and a small colony of what I believe is some type of star polyp which is smaller thana dime. Both of these sprouted out of my live rock. They don'y seem to be growing fast at all and I was wondering what i can do to increase the growing speed. I will get some pics up as soon as my batteries get charged. Do these need to be fed something special? I use forumla one now.

Tank is a 7 gallon with 10 gallon sump with a Mag 3 and SCWD. Lighting is 1 32w acintic and 1 32w day bulb.

Yes I have experienced the same thing. For a couple of months not much growth, than all of a sudden they start to multiply. I had a colony of orange zoos almost completely vanish now I see they are making a comeback. Keep your water quality as good as possible and be patient.

They Zoos are just plain finicky as hell on when and how they spread. The GSP's are another story. Dose small amounts of Iodine and they will love you back in return. Place them high on the rock if you have low wattage lighting and blast them with a medium current they will spread like mad after a few weeks of this I promise.

I get mine to reproduce the same way EVERY time. blast them with current make sure they have plenty of light and dose some iodine and calcium buffer and they will be fine.

( they rely on iodine, strontium and calcium and light.)

Archived