Coral Vue Hydros

ricordia have shrunk ??

wildbluetomatoes

wildbluetomatoes

Hi, I have a 29 gal tall, two 65 watt actinic (white and blue) lights, and I test for nitrates, nitrites, amonia, iodine, calcium, and pH (all levels are ok). I have eight ricordia florida (tealish), yellow polyps (have been growing new ones), an anenome, blue mushrooms, xenia, and a leather. I also have a clown, damsel, harlequin shrimp (who have been eating a Choc. Chip star all week), four fiddler crabs, and some clean-up crew.

Question: My ricordia were great when I first got them. I have had them for about two months and the past week they are small and have not opened to the size they were. I have never tested for phosphates before and was wondering if this could be the problem. Over the past week I have moved the ricordia from 3/4 to the top of the tank to the bottom and have seen no difference. They are splitting and seem ok, but NOT big like they used to be.

Is there something else I should be checking for? I will be getting test kits for alkalinity and phosphates in about four days. I am not sure what else to do and I don't want these guys to die. Do I not have enough lights? Will they hang in there until I get the additional test kits and propper water?

They are splitting and seem ok, but NOT big like they used to be.

I was thinking the phosphates because I have been using distilled water from the grocery store. In about four days I will be getting RO water from the reef store we deal with.

Any advice will be helpful!!

Thanks,

Jen

Archived