inTank Media Baskets

green star polyps won't open...

gobies

Well I don't really have an answer as to why... just an observation. I have currently several colonies of GSP's and have had many over the years... seems to be a cyclical thing. I suppose when it happens I should maybe do some tests( um, dont really test much either,hehe). I have had almost all of my GSP's at one time or another close up, sometimes for days... once in awhile as long as a couple of weeks. I've never lost any yet and have just chalked it up to... that is what they do.

I would be interested though in hearing if there is some specifics involved as to why they do that though... perhaps a growth/rest period? Like I said... IMO, is what they do.???

mine closed when i had them too close to my frogspawn and apparently they got stung. Moved them to a new location and stayed closed for a few days. Now they are all opened up.

printerdown01

Check your pH when it drops GSPs will close up ;) they are a great indicator... It might be nothing, sometimes things just close up... but if you have xenia and it isn't pulsing as fast, and your GSPs close up, your pH is too low :-D.

We're mid-move, and the pH test color key went AWOL...argh.

I moved the polyps over to the right -- basically switched places with the little rock next to it -- and now it's opening.

The hammer coral was over 6" wide last night, and would've been touching the polyps if I'd left them where they were.

Archived