Cultivated Reef

yellow clown goby question

Primeval

I just got rid of my pseudochromis to get a yellow clown goby. After 2 days he still perches sideways on the side of the glass almost at the top of the water level almost like he is floating dead. He is very bright yellow in some spots but in a few spots he is completely white. I havent got him to eat at all or even acknowlege that food is around.

Any ideas?

Sounds normal to me.

Mine perches on the glass, sideways in pront of the PH, on the mag float in a cave and on top of some algae. He does whatever he wants...I think he's trying to get a better view of the TV.

As for the white spots, same here right aroudn the cheeks/gills. This may be a sexual coloring I haven't quite decided yet. Yellow clown gobies can change sex just like clownfish.

I agree with morphx. This is normal behavior. Mine perches, especially at night, but also during the day. Provide some nice aquascape and it should do fine. You'll soon find him perching on liverock, heater, etc. Watch the eatng carefully and ensure he eats...something. Good luck!

any suggestions to get him to eat? its been 3 days now and he doesnt eat the live brine that I am hatching or the meaty pellet food that I feed my clown.

I lost a YCG due to not. It was strange cause he'd get excited when I put food in, then he'd swim into the food, but he wouldn't open his mouth to eat it!

Then one day he turned up missing. :(

Archived