Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bicolor Angel

Cain

Good luck. I had one, he was in great health, and ate flake food in the store. He did wonderful in my tank for the 2 weeks that I had him before he mysteriously died.

They have an absolute dismal survival rate. I knew that when I bought him, but he was so healthy looking, that I figured he'd do fine in my tank (running for 9 months). Guess I was wrong.

I have read that they will also nip at corals, but I never had a chance to observe him doing that in my tank. I think a better choice with the same coloration is one of the forms of C. Argi. Not necessarily the common Cherub Angel, but there are several morphs that look amazing, and they're as reef safe as angels can be.

HTH, good luck.

The cherub angel is a perfect nanoreef dwarf angel. Coral beautys and Flames are far to common, and get much larger than the cherub which gets to be about 2.5" full size. Mine didn't nip at anything and took to flakes within a day. Plus their cheap!

VicSkimmer: Yours must have had a hidden internal disease or was just old as Fu!$! ;)

They are GREAT reef fish. Just DO NOT, I REAPEAT, DO NOT keep them with other pigmy's. They will fight to the death. ( as with most all pigmy angel fish)

but I had an eibli and it died in 24hrs from time of purchase, in same tank that holds 3 chromis and is 18g been running for months....duhno lfs was a bunch of phony jerks, cause I brought two different water samples the first from my current 11 month nano, the next from my 3 month 18g and they all the water was high in nirtate and low ph, meanwhile I got montiporras groing xenia, all reproducing like crazy, two percs, and more all doing fine for nearly a year. They just sold me a dying piece of crap and left me holding the $24 buck bill...oh well never getting my buisness again....

My Eibli was going to start in my tank then move to my friends 120g in time.....

Archived