Coral Vue Hydros

help..shrinking frogspawn

rong666

about 2/12 weeks ago I noticed my frogspawn had started to shrink...heres my specs

10 gal

96 watt power quad

prizm skimmer

78 f

sg 1.024-1.025

No3 less than 5ppm

No2,Nh3-Nh4= o

kh 6-7

ph 8.2

target feed cyclopeaze twice a week.

im stumped...everyone else is doing fine

checked ca 4 days ago...It was fine

Ill give a before and after pic

before

I have a question for you, has your clown started to host your frogspawn, he maybe rubbing it here and their. I had the same thing happen to my frogspawn. When I first got it, it was huge, then I noticed that it did not get as full during the day as it did, so after a few days I noticed my clown basically laying on top of the thing and trying to host it, well long story short I guess the frogspawn got use to the clown because now the thing swells up in the daytime twice its origional size and the clown plays in it all day and at night he sleeps right on top of the thing even though the spawn pulls in quit a bit at night. The clown even plays around in my hammer too! Crazy fish!

Just thought this might be one cause, if so give it time and it is a facinating thing to watch. If your like me I did not want the sting of a roaming anemone and the spawn was a nice sub, even my clown thinks so. I will post a few pics today and let ya see.

Take a look at my tank in the thread

Up and running now for a while!

you can see the spawns size change and you can see where my little clown is.

ya, know.....now that you mention it, he has been getting friendlier with it. He isnt actually hosting it, but he really has been hovering around it quite a bit.......and, My frogspawn today, opened back up to his full size....it would be cool if he starts hosting....keeping my fingers crossed

Tonight when the lights are off and everything is pretty much clam in the tank, see where your clown is. My bet is he is laying on the frogspawn. Give it time it will happen, I actually moved my spawn twice to make room for new coral and everytime I have moved it the next day my clown is having fun in it.

Archived